There’s no need to panic when there are defibrillators for sale. You never even have to worry about not being near a hospital. Not every personal or portable unit however is the same. You need to know which ones are best buys.
Kinds of Defibrillators
All defibrillators are designed to deliver life-saving shocks to a patient in cardiac arrest. Not everyone however can operate all kinds of defibrillators. Hospitals, ambulances and other medical health facilities typically have manual or semi automatic defibrillators which only experts, doctors and paramedics can operate. They usually have to evaluate the condition of a patient first before deciding on just how much shock is required. There are also implantable defibrillators which might be recommended for some patients depending on their conditions. Expert response with the appropriate devices always takes precedence over lay intervention and automatic home defibrillator use.
Defibrillators for Home Use
Automatic defibrillators provide valuable and timely assistance. This is because medical personnel are not always around to respond to critical situations. Your only real concern is making sure that you have a very good unit that won’t let you down when you need it. Here are some tips to consider in making your choice:
– You don’t want to buy defective defibrillators. One way to find out if a particular brand has a high defective rate is to check product recall announcements and warnings online. Don’t desfibrilador externo automatico products that have a history of recall. You could also read consumer reviews to find out which units real users would recommend.
– All automatic defibrillators are supposed to be user friendly. There are variations however on the level of user friendliness. You need to make sure that the unit that you get has easy to understand text and visual instructions on the unit and on its manual. It would help too if the unit has an instructional video or a website to visit.
– Home defibrillators do not come cheap. The expensive prices of most units however are an indication of their level of quality. Always settle for a unit that costs more than a thousand dollars.
– A personal defibrillator needs to be portable. You won’t just need it at home. You may have to bring it along when you need to be away on a vacation or business trip.
– The batteries are another major component to think of. Your unit should be able to last for a long time. There should also be clear reminders or warnings when batteries need to be replaced.
– A long warranty is something you would probably appreciate. You have to be assured that a manufacturer has policies for return or repair in case you need it.